Friday, September 14, 2012

The couch. The enemy.

The weekend has arrived!  Do something!  We will get back to goals and persistance later!

 My friday evenings had slowly transformed to a night that I don't do anything but "veg out".  My couch, my husband, and my DVR.  Ummm hello?!  That's all I need.  I've missed a lot of shows during the week....and completing these shows is a big part of my "to-do" list. 

Isn't it funny that this is how we unwind?

Oh.  Stress management.  What a fun topic :-/  Eh. Let's skip the long lecture of explanation and get right down to the point:

You will feel less stressed if you choose an activity to set your mind on instead of "vegging out". So choose an activity, even if it's organizing your closet (oh please don't do that on a friday night), and change your mindset to be present where you are.  Be present in your activity.  Focus what you're working on, or the people you're interacting with.  Give yourself a break, even if you can only afford a small amount of time.  Watch your shows after your activity, they'll still be on your DVR. Start changing day by day what you do with your 'down time'.

Get active and enjoy yourself :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment