Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dedicated to Mother


My mother, also true to her southern upbringing, is always after a good lipstick. She’s in and out of all sorts of stores trying new shades.  I wonder how many lipsticks she owns TODAY?

 I think once a month she will call me to simply say, “I got a new lipstick!”.  She will then describe the color, how long it will stay on, and how she looks in it.  I will always listen closely, because a good lipstick is hard to find! Even though my mom and I look the same, we never seem to agree on lipsticks. I have a little different undertones than she does, so I tend to need brighter colors.

The search for a new lipstick is about finding something that works for YOU.  What things are going to help YOU change?

My mom is also one who takes PRIDE in herself. She’s constantly looking for ways to better herself.   She wants to try new things, and she wants to be GOOD at it.  On any given night, it is unlikely you will see her on the couch in front of the tv.  She is socializing, playing tennis, walking the dogs, scrapbooking, or learning something new.   This is one lady who never really sits still. But I've never seen someone enjoy life more than my dear mother.

Let’s learn to follow the example my dear mother has set, and learn to search for a little lipstick!

No comments:

Post a Comment