Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dedicated to Me


And then…. And then there’s me.  And my story is a little different.  I bought into my generation’s thinking of, “It doesn’t matter how you look, people should accept you for who you are on the inside.”  Well, excuse my language, Mom and Tubbsy, but I CALL BULLSHIT.  It’s not about other people’s impressions or thoughts , it’s about the way you think of yourself. 

I played every sport in highschool. I stayed active in college.  But once all the fun and games were over, my life was work, chores, and most importantly….the couch!  Time with friends is a Mexican restaurant with the cheapest margaritas.  It’s watching Baylor football (Sic ‘em!) at a bar while eating nachos and drinking beer.  All of a sudden, my whole social life revolved around food, drinks and the tv! 

Friday: Happy hour. Dinner. Bar. Late night drive thru (usually McDonalds, or for some true Texans, WHATABURGER).

Saturday: Watch tv and eat brunch until around 2pm.  Nap. Dinner out.

Sunday: Church. Brunch. Nap. Laundry. Dinner.

At some point in my life, I lost the art of living. I lost the art of setting and achieving goals.  I was simply complacent.  Every night I was exhausted.  Every morning I struggled to get out of bed.  I have always had a happy life, but the “living” part, somehow had faded away.

This is the beginning of my new journey to wearing a little lipstick. Except, it’s not about the lipstick.  It’s about learning to lead an active and healthy lifestyle, and sharing it with those around you.  It’s about learning to set and achieve goals.  And it’s about taking pride in everything you do.

Today, I have partnered up with Elyse (Active Fitness Health Coach) to start my training to become a health coach.  A health coach educates, plans and encourages active and healthy living for their clients and the community.  We will start with an assessment of my current health and activity, and develop from there.

 Step 1 for a health coach: Get in the BEST SHAPE OF YOUR LIFE!

1 comment:

  1. This is great, Lindsey! You're starting a blog and training to become a health coach? Very cool! I'm glad we'll be able to keep up with your exciting life in Cali via the interwebs :)

    ReplyDelete