Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Oh...this is the start of something good...Don't you agree? (name thatsong)

Let’s share our successes. Let’s share our failures. For bothhave the power to inspire change.
I met Taylor about a week ago at a community work out. Webonded over being new to Los Angeles, and also new to Active Fitness – which meanswe bonded over the fact that neither one of us knew what we were doing OR knewanyone that was there ;-) Which is agood thing to bond over. Taylor is a genuine person, who recently moved to LAfrom Pittsburgh.
After that first time we met, I didn’t see Taylor for severaldays, so I had assumed that she wasn’t going to be coming anymore. However, I saw her today, and was so excitedto hear her new, and still developing, story. Her enthusiasm for her goals is contagious, and I wanted to shareit! For lack of a better way to get herstory shared, I set up a mini-interview with Taylor. Her story is not aboutsucceeding in her journey; it’s about the startof her journey, and how she made it to the starting line.
Thank you so much for sharing your story!
What was the point that you decided to make a change? Whatwas your inspiration?
I have always wantedto change myself. I can remember as far back as 9th grade when I was worriedabout how my stomach or butt looked in this or that piece of clothing. I beganexercising (on my own time, apart from sports) when I was 17. I went to theYMCA every day and became BFFs with all the old ladies there. I got so in shapepeople wanted to know what I had been doing. But to me, I still felt bad. Ifelt fat, ugly, not as good as I could be. Looking back, I realize I wasfoolish. The reason I was never satisfied: I was looking to CHANGE myself,rather than accept who I was and BETTER myself.
It really wasn't until last week when I attended a Fit clubworkout and talked to my new coach, Ashwin, that I started to see how easy itcould be to BETTER myself while accepting who I was. I always struggled withnutrition-- I began binging at a young age due to stress, anxiety and theoverwhelming idea that I needed to be perfect. This nutrition plan has alreadygiven me so much more confidence in who I am, and it's only been 5 days. It isnow my inspiration to strive for a better me, not only in my workouts but in myday-to-day activities.
How did you lose your weight?
By eating 100% right! I began my nutrition plan on Thursday,September 13. I have lost 3 pounds. There hasn't been a moment in the last fewdays where I felt deprived, fatigued, or unsatisfied.
Was there ever a time during your weight loss that youbecame incredibly frustrated, if yes, what made you frustrated and how did youhandle it?
No, though it has only been a few days. But I was findingthat I had less time to workout (due to hectic work schedule) and I eat moreoften than usual on my plan, so I was feeling a bit unbalanced. However, evenwithout working out I lost 3 pounds. That makes up for missing some sprints andcrunches!:) I did workout Monday and Tuesday of this week though and realizethat in order to really balance this plan out and avoid any frustrations, it’s20% workout, 80% nutrition
What does your weight loss mean to you? Howdid it change your life?
It fills that void that I've always felt-- the one thatreminds me that I am not my best self. If I take care of myself every singleday, to the best of my ability, I am a better me, a happier me, and a much moreconfident me. My attitude about myself affects everything I do in life, andespecially affects those around me. So just knowing that I am not bringingnegativity upon anyone gives me so much satisfaction.

Taylor has lost 3 pounds since starting her active, healthylifestyle! That’s incredible! Congrats and keep going J

No comments:

Post a Comment